Source: iPadOS 13.4: How to Install Developer Beta 3 for iPad
Apple recently released a new beta 3 update of iPadOS 13.4 for developers. If you are a developer, then you can install it for checking out changes, new features, and many more. Apple releases updates for every model so the users can use the latest features and explore new things that the company releases. In the world, users of iPad devices are numerous, and they all get the update at the same time.
The company releases beta versions early so developers can check and explore new features. New updates keep the device secure and performance fast too. So for installing the iPadOS 13.4 betas, first you need to take the backup of your device, and then you can install it in the straightforward procedure:
Make an encrypted backup of iPad
It is true that the beta update released by Apple, but there could be bugs in the beta version. The company knows about it, and that is why firstly, they release a beta version to find out all the bugs from the software and to check new features of how they are working. So if you have anything personal and important data in your iPad device, then you should take backup for security purposes. Make sure you keep your backup archived so no one will be able to access it except you.
- “Connect” your iPad with Mac or Windows PC with cable.
- Start “iTunes” for taking backup and make sure its updated version.
- Tap in “Trust” option on your iPad when will ask for Trust and Don’t Trust.
- Tap on the iPad “icon” in the upper left side after it appears.
- Scroll down and choose backup in “This Computer” with “Encryption” enable.
- Press on “Backup Now” and then type a strong “password” for encryption.
- Take a backup of “Apps” if iTunes asked for it.
- Now in the menu bar, choose the “preference” option.
- Press on “Device.”
- Choose your latest iPad backup for Archive.
Backup can be overwritten, and that is why the Archive keeps preventing your data from overwriting for any reason or mistake.
How to Install iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 in iPad Using iTunes
- Type developer.apple.com in the address bar in your Mac or Windows PC.
- Press on “Discover.”
- On the top of the screen, find and press the “Operating System buttons.”
- Press “Download.”
- Verify with your developer “Username and Password” by the login.
- Move to the iPadOS beta version column and “Download Restore Images.”
- Tap on “iPadOS restore image” that similar to the device you plan to install.
- Press on “Applications” on top of the list related to beta software.
- Press “Download” near to “Xcode 11” and wait for completing Download.
- Run “iTunes.”
- Connect “iPad” with your Mac or Windows PC.
- In iTunes, tap on the iPad icon that shows up after connecting.
- Tap the password of the iPad for accessing.
- Tap on Check for Update option.
- Press on Download and choose the location where you already downloaded the iPadOS restore image.
- Press iPadOS restore the image.
- Tap “Open”.
The process of installing the beta version will take some time to install iPadOS on your iPad. Until installing is not complete, you don’t have to unplug your iPad device from your Windows PC or Mac.
How to Install iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 in iPad Using Profile
For installing the beta version, it is essential to have a developer account. Without a developer account, downloading any non-Xcode beta version is not possible. The configuration profile is a way better and easier process to install the latest beta version without the help of iTunes. Installing from the profile method is faster than the iTunes process, and here is the way to install it.
- Type developer.apple.com in URL address bar of your iPad.
- Click on “Discover.”
- Click on “Operating system button” at the top of the screen.
- Press “Download.”
- Log in with your personal developer account “Username and Password.”
- Move on to iPadOS beta column to press “Download” after just after its process of Download will begin.
- Press “Close.”
- Launch the “Settings.”
- Click on the “Profile Downloaded.”
- Click on “Install” and type “passcode” if required.
- Agree to the policy and form and then tap on “Install.”
- Tap on “Restart” to apply the changes in your iPad.
For installing iPadOS beta, you need to visit the Software Update column in your iPad after your Profile loaded.
- Open “Settings” of your iPad and then tap “General” option to
- reach “Software Update” by scrolling.
- Tap on the “Download and Install” available option.
- Type “passcode” if your device encrypted with a passcode.
- Agree on the “Terms and Conditions.”
- Click on “Agree” again to begin downloading and installing.
After the file installed and installing start to begin, your iPad device will start to reboot. It will take a couple of minutes to install, and in that interval of time, you don’t have to press any key of iPad. Later on, you just need to apply your Apple ID and passcode to begin your iPad.
Daniel Ryan is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.